Endometriosis is a gynaecological condition that affects millions of menstruating people worldwide and can have devastating effects on a person's quality of life, mental health, and productivity. However, there are still few effective treatments for endometriosis, and many people still have trouble controlling their symptoms. In this article we explain the link between diet and endometriosis and everything you need to know about our home GP treatment for endometriosis in Marbella.
The link between diet and risk of endometriosis
The link between nutrition and endometriosis risk has drawn significant attention from researchers. A 2021 review of existing literature highlighted certain dietary factors that appear to be associated with an increased risk of endometriosis.
These factors include:
- Trans fats, commonly found in fried and ultra-processed foods, which elevate cholesterol levels and contribute to various health conditions like diabetes and heart disease.
- Red meat, both processed and unprocessed, which has been linked to a higher risk of endometriosis.
- Alcohol consumption, as it can contribute to several health issues.
- Dairy consumption, which can raise oestrogen levels and contain fatty acids that worsen symptoms. It's worth noting that some studies suggest a protective effect of dairy products, excluding butter, when consumed in higher quantities, although potential confounding factors need to be considered with such high dairy intake.
What dietary adjustments could be helpful?
The 2021 review emphasised the potential benefits of specific foods like:
- Polyunsaturated fatty acids, such as omega-3 and omega-6, in the treatment and management of endometriosis. These fatty acids have shown to reduce the growth of endometriosis lesions in both laboratory and animal studies. Incorporating sources of omega-3, such as fish, seaweed, and nuts, into the diet can be helpful.
- Seaweed, based on a small case study, has shown positive effects on menstrual cycles and associated symptoms in women with endometriosis. A diet more focused on pescatarian options aligns with the potential benefits of omega-3 fatty acids.
- Adding more vegetables, particularly cruciferous vegetables, legumes, and antioxidant-rich fruits, along with dietary supplements like vitamins, minerals, omega-3, turmeric, and ginger, can also be beneficial.
- Reducing gluten and carbohydrates: A qualitative interview study with individuals suffering from endometriosis indicated that dietary changes, such as reducing gluten, dairy, and carbohydrates while increasing fruit, vegetable, and fish consumption, as well as incorporating dietary supplements, led to decreased pain and improvements in bleeding patterns.
Home GP treatment for endometriosis pain in Manilva
For people with endometriosis pain, Helicopteros Sanitarios provides a specialised Home GP treatment. Our devoted team of medical specialists is committed to offering thorough care in the convenience of your home for endometriosis, which can be a crippling condition. Our skilled GPs can provide individualised treatment plans to reduce pain and enhance quality of life because they have received training in managing endometriosis symptoms. Our Home GP service aims to address the particular needs of each person with compassion and knowledge, whether it be through medication prescription, dietary advice, or supportive care. We strive to provide our patients in Manilva with efficient and practical healthcare solutions because we are aware of the difficulties endometriosis presents.
Contact us now to know more about our home GP treatment for endometriosis pain in Manilva.