A lack of sleep on occasion should not be viewed as a cause for concern. On the other hand, if you go night after night without getting a full night's sleep, this should serve as a wake-up call for you to seek the assistance of a physician. Read on for information about when to call our home doctor for insomnia in Fuengirola.
When to talk with our Home doctor for insomnia in Fuengirola
Call our home doctor for insomnia in Fuengirola if:
- You've been experiencing symptoms of insomnia for longer than four weeks, or if they're interfering with your daytime activities and your ability to function.
- You are concerned about waking up multiple times throughout the night gasping for air, and
- you are also concerned about the possibility that you suffer from sleep apnea or some other medical condition that can disrupt sleep.
- You have recently started taking a different medication, which may be causing you to have trouble sleeping.
- You feel a painful "crawling" sensation in your legs when sleeping or when they are still for long periods (such as when driving or flying).
- You have noticed that you have frequent heartburn, which keeps you awake at night.
- Physical pain causes you to awaken during the night.
- You've noticed changes in your mood, energy, and appetite. These signs suggest that insomnia may be a symptom of clinical depression.
When to Seek Emergency Care
Worsening pain or increased difficulty breathing at night may indicate a need to seek emergency medical care. If you experience worsening pain or increased difficulty breathing during the night, it may be necessary to seek immediate medical attention.
Any deterioration in mood or state of agitation that leads to thoughts of self-harm, murder, or other potentially harmful actions.