Sick people want to recover quickly. But some of your habits may actually make your symptoms worse. Avoid these common cold and flu missteps so you can stay on the road to recovery and learn when to get our home doctor consultation in Costa del Sol.
- Pushing through. You shouldn't continue on with your typical schedule. To combat the virus that's causing your cold or flu, your body needs energy. Rest should always come first. Refuse to carry out those plans and opt to skip work or school. You'll prevent the spread of those germs while also assisting your body in healing.
- Ignoring flu symptoms. In most cases, going to the doctor is not necessary in order to treat a common cold. However, you should contact them if you have symptoms of the flu, such as a high fever, aches and pains throughout the body, and fatigue. They may prescribe an antiviral medication for you to take. If you take one within the first 48 hours of becoming sick, you can lessen the severity of your symptoms and cut the length of time you are sick by one or two days.
- Sleep deprivation. Your immune system will become more compromised, making it more difficult for you to fight off that infection if you do not get enough. According to the findings of one study, people who get less than six hours of sleep per night are four times more likely to become ill than those who log at least seven hours of shuteye each night. Therefore, get to bed at a reasonable hour and nap during the day.
- Begging for antibiotics. TAntibiotics will not alleviate symptoms. Colds and the flu are caused by viruses, but antibiotics only kill germs. Approximately one-third of prescribed antibiotics are unneeded. This may increase the likelihood of adverse effects such as diarrhoea and allergic reactions. Also, it adds to an enormous worldwide health issue: antibiotic resistance. This is when germs become resistant to the medications, rendering them ineffective.
- Not drinking enough. When your throat hurts, it is more difficult to quickly consume liquids in large quantities. But if you drink enough water throughout the day, you can reduce the thickness of your mucus and free yourself from congestion. Additionally, it can protect against headaches. Make sure you get plenty of water. Drinking something warm, like herbal tea or broth, can provide additional pain relief. According to research, it may help alleviate some of the symptoms of a cold, such as feeling tired or having a sore throat.
- Skipping meals. Even if you do not have much of an appetite, you must eat something. The immune cells that combat cold and flu viruses are fueled by calories and nutrition. As a consequence, you may recover quicker. Consider consuming a bowl of chicken soup. Research indicates that this traditional remedy may truly alleviate some of these symptoms.
- Smoking. Your lungs will become damaged, and your throat will become irritated if you continue to smoke. It's possible that doing so will make your cold symptoms even worse.
- Stressing. One of the hormones that your body produces in response to stress is detrimental to the immune system. In addition to this, it raises inflammation levels, which can make the stuffiness in your nose even worse. If you make an effort to relax and concentrate on getting better, you will speed up the process of getting back on your feet.
Home doctor consultation in Costa del Sol
Nobody can say for sure when a potentially life-threatening medical event will take place. As a member of Helicopteros Sanitarios, you and your family can rest assured that our highly trained medical staff will arrive at your side as quickly as possible.
If caught early, our expert medical care can stop an illness in its tracks before it becomes life-threatening. No matter how insignificant the symptom may be, our members know they can always reach out to us and get the help they need. When they entrust their care to Helicopteros Sanitarios and call us for a home doctor consultation anywhere in the Costa del Sol, they know it will be handled with the utmost professionalism and care.